06 Jan 2020
It’s my birthday today, so what better way to spend it than by reminding you there’s only a couple of days left to apply for my job! That’s right – Pocket Tactics has got a bright and glorious future ahead of it, but it needs a dedicated Editor to carry it forward. Sadly, that can’t be me anymore, but could it be you?
Why not apply to find out! As a reminder; this is an office based role located at Network N’s headquarters in Bath, United Kingdom. You can read the full job spec on the job listing, but here’s a reminder of the key requirements:
- Content creation, including writing, sub-editing, and commissioning
- Content planning: overseeing all editorial output, and deciding what the site should cover and when
- Managing an in-house editorial team plus a pool of freelancers
- Helping to develop and deliver on the editorial strategy for the brand
- Identifying and implementing growth strategies for the website
- Ensuring all output meets Network N’s high editorial standards, and is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Attendance at events, trade shows, etc.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior role on a gaming or entertainment website
- Experience managing staff members
- Exceptional knowledge of and a passion for mobile gaming
- Ability to identify and capitalise on emerging trends
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proactivity and a strong work ethic
- SEO knowledge
If you want to apply, you need to email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job listing will close on January 8th, 2020.
Pocket Tactics has had an interesting journey since Owen founded it back in 2012 – we’ve fought hard to ride the changing waves of mobile gaming, but the site is in a very healthy place right now and I’m convinced it will take 2020 by storm. It needs someone with more focus than I’m able to give to help it realise its’ potential. If you think that could be you, then step up and tell us why.
Those boots won’t fill themselves!