One of the biggest mistakes that slot players make is playing slots. And while there’s some truth behind that statement, you’re never going to win a jackpot by sitting on the sidelines. Having said that, video slots have their fair share of pitfalls and are notoriously infamous for putting punters on the path of self-destruction.
Probably the fastest way to exhaust your bankroll is by picking up the pace at slots. Modern video slot machines spin every few seconds and at this rate, punters can easily exceed 600 spins an hour. When you think of it this way, the cost of playing video slots per hour is more expensive than some of the most popular table games.
However, at the first glance, a $2 spin seems more enticing than a $10 blackjack wager. The true odds are only unearthed when you think of it in detail. Say a slots machine offers 92% RTP, which means the casino’s keeping the remaining 8%. So, at $2 per spin and 600 spins an hour, you’re investing $1,200. But the standard return is only $1,104.
Selecting the Wrong Video Slots
Video slots aren’t all created equal and the RTP varies considerably depending on an eclectic mix of reasons. While amateur punters are often mesmerized by high-end graphics, gameplay, and soundtracks, veterans keep a keen eye out for RTP.
While this might sound like individual preference, if you’re looking for a massive payout, higher RTP is good news. In fact, slot machines with lower RTP will inadvertently wipe out your bankroll much quicker.
If you want to explore high RTP slots, don’t forget to visit here.
Falling Asleep in the Middle of a Game
Slot animations are notorious for drawing players in a state of trance. The exciting and colorful animations, coupled with bright lights and loud sounds easily lure players, and if you’re sitting in front of the screen for too long, you might enter a deep state of trance with complete disregard for time or money.
Slot machines are designed with this exact purpose in mind and players will often sit and lose for hours. Another reason for the trance is losses disguised as wins. How this works is the machines periodically payout small wins less than the player’s original betting amount. Thus, creating an illusion of a win.
Poor Bankroll Management
While poor bankroll management isn’t exclusive to video slots, the latter is far less likely to cash out their winnings and walk away. The allure of winning massive jackpots is far too great to overcome and the moment you chase the big win, you’re bound to be doomed.
Casino games are cleverly designed with the explicit purpose of slowly siphoning your bankroll with time. If video slots have fallen in your favor so far, the tide could turn at any given moment. Hence, do yourself a favor and cash out when you still can.
About The Author
Vipul is a professional blogger and online advertiser based out of Bengaluru, India. Always in a quest for new ways to make money, Vipul detail out all possible opportunities that can help anyone to earn passive income online. You can connect on Twitter, Linkedin & Facebook